If you haven't guessed by now, I love reading. Most English teachers don't, but I'm one of those weird ones...oh wait-I'm kidding. I have quite the stack ready to go, so here's my hopeful list for the summer.
1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safron Foer
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
4. Chocolat by Joanne Harris
5. A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
6. Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. by Sam Wasson
7. The Prince of Frogtown by Rick Bragg
8. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
9. A Framework for Understanding Poverty by Ruby Payne
10. Teach Like a Champion by Doug Lemov
11. Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
12. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Okay, I've got to go read. Summer's already over isn't it? Oops, I panicked.